100% MADE IN USA
- Sharpen to any radius
- Works on Hockey, Figure, and Goalie skates
- Built for commercial use, but priced for residential use
- Easy enough for ANYONE to operate
Investing in a Wissota pays you back!
*Based on $5.00 average price per skate sharpening, once a week over the year.
**Price estimates NOT including gas money and the value of YOUR TIME to and from the skate shop!
- proshop sharpening Free man !Review by sal
I am officially free of proshops !
Thank you so much Wissota.
Got my first sharpening and in the words of my 8 and 10 year olds, the best sharpening they ever had ! (Posted on 4/13/2017)
- Great decision!!Review by Scott
Buying this tool is one of the better ideas I've had. I have 3 players in the house now and I go out and embarrass my self weekly also, it's never the skates fault!
This is an extremely well built machine with a simple and efficient design that does its job wonderfully.
My older players have had the freedom to experiment with different hollows and customize their skates to maximize their skillet
With so many skaters it has already paid for itself! (Posted on 7/30/2016)
- Should have bought it sooner.Review by KJ
I got so tired of running around to get my kids' and my figure skates sharpened (and getting our rockers wrecked) that I got this machine. I volunteered to sharpen rentals at a local rink to get my technique down. I've had it about ten years, and it's been one of my better investments. Aside from the convenience of being able to sharpen my skates any time I want and the peace-of-mind from knowing that I could safeguard my rocker & guarantee even edges, word got out that I could sharpen skates, and others started coming to me. I charged $10 each and in about a year I had recouped my investment.
This thing is the bomb. (Posted on 6/6/2016)
- Great MachineReview by Luis
- I've had one of these for about 5 years now and have had no issues. I've gone through 4 wheels, so, around 800 sharpenings or there abouts. There really is no downside. From the consistent and repeatable edges to the convenience of having the machine at home. The only regret I have is not having bought it sooner :) (Posted on 4/28/2016)
- Best money I ever spentReview by James
- I purchased my 911 in 2006 and have never looked back. I have 2 boys who play and the cost was paid in just a few years. It is great to be able to do a full sharpen or just a touchup on a tournament weekend. My boys have become spoiled by never having to skate on a rough blade. It was easy to learn and now the oldest boy makes $30-50/ machine will probably last week doing his friends and teams skates. Great quality machine will probably last well into my grandchildrens careers. (Posted on 11/2/2015)
- Wissota DeliversReview by David
- I have had the 911 for about a year now. Setting up the holder can be time consuming at the outset, but once you get it set correctly sharpening is easy after a little practice. The machine is well made and works flawlessly. If you follow the directions in the included video, you will have all the tools you need to do a good sharpening. I have not needed to adjust the holder once I got the settings finalized. The only shortcoming is not including a collection can for the grinding dust in the hood. I taped on a soup can to the bottom which works well enough, but it would be nice to have something a little more purpose built. (Posted on 10/6/2015)
- the best thing everReview by jason
- Moved now but was in a fairly large hockey community. Not only was I able to sharpen my kids skates, but teamates as well. Handing off to son now to learn and help his friends. Machine paid for itself many times over! Get one! (Posted on 8/27/2015)
- Your (or your kids) success in skating DEPENDS on sharp skates!Review by Jeff
Let me start by stating I purchased a used 17 year old Wissota 911 on a famous online auction site that was in good condition. After some clean up and fine tuning of all adjustment points it was good as new. THAT is a testament to how well Wissota makes these machines! And that they haven't changed the overall design (some very minor changes) in all these years because there is no need to change perfection! Take comfort in knowing that Wissota's tech support (thank you Colin!) is very patient, understanding, and knowledgeable. Parts are readily available if an event occurs where you need a repair//replacement (a benefit of not changing design after all these years). The convenience alone of being able to sharpen your skates at your leisure is a blessing (sometimes I can't sleep and sharpen My GIRLS skates at 2 AM!) Another benefit that most are not aware of and could be costly, is being able to change your radius to maximize the skater's ability. When My GIRLS started playing hockey they started with 1/2", but had difficulty learning to hockey stop. I knew from experience that I myself when I was younger, after having my skates sharpened, that they were TOO sharp and would bang them on the boards until they were slightly dull enough to hockey stop! I know, a waste of a sharpening. But now I could simply change their radius to a slightly larger one and still have sharp edges. So I went up to 5/8" and sent them out. Way too slippery for them since they don't weigh that much. But now here's the beauty of owning your own sharpener: I came down slightly to 9/16" and THAT was the sweet spot! They were able to stop with NO difficulties! OVERNIGHT! And because of the shallower hollow....they gained SPEED! With just a change in radius overnight they were able to skate faster and stop LATER! And in the game of hockey, THAT gets you TO the puck! For a young skater a real boost in ability and confidence! But, like I said, without having your own sharpener, most people would NOT go back and forth to the pro shop to do this because of all the time and expense.
Giving yourself or your kids the ablity to go ALL OUT with confidence WILL change the rate at which you improve! (Posted on 7/16/2015)
- Five stars for sureReview by Kent
- I just got my Wissota here in Japan and it took me about 90 minutes to get level edges on the first skate and 10 pairs of skates later it takes me about 10 minutes to do a pair. It has been a real challenge getting skates sharpened here but that is all behind me now. It is a great machine. (Posted on 3/13/2015)
- Sharpening Rentals 3 yearsReview by Zack
- I am currently using this machine to maintain over 100 pair of rental skates (both Hockey and Figure). 3 seasons and the Machine works great. I just ordered some accessories. Although I fouled up the order process a quick call and it was all sorted out. Great customer service! Fair price, great quality and excellent customer service. (Posted on 2/24/2015)
- Excellent machineReview by Steve P
- I purchased my machine in 2005 and have loved it since my fatwr had one for over 20 years without an issue. Works great sharpens well and is very reliable well worth the money (Posted on 2/15/2015)
- 40 year old machineReview by Ed'S Skate Radius Shop
- I have a Wissota that I still use after 40 yers. It is set up for goalie skates only. It is as good as the day I receivd it. (Posted on 1/23/2015)
- Years of reliability and convenience!Review by Mike B
- I have owned my Wissota for over 14 years now. I has paid for itself many times over and allowed me to sharpen my skates when I want to. Customer service from Wisotta has always been top notch. If you have a family that is involved in hockey, this is certainly an expense that is worth giving strong consideration to. (Posted on 1/19/2015)
- Best investment you can make as a player/coach/parentReview by Josh
- I bought my machine 3 years ago with no experience at sharpening skates. The instructional DVD and paperwork makes it super easy to understand. Like anything, practice perfects skills... I asked the guys on my adult rec team if they would let me sharpen their skates (for free at first and then a small fee). Everyone who I sharpen skates for tells me that they prefer my sharpening over both the rink and the skate shop because of the consistency. This machine makes it super easy to dial in your radius quickly and accurately everytime, and the holder makes it easy to get even edges just as fast. Plus, if you ever have any questions the guys at Wissota are always willing to answer questions and give advice. (Posted on 7/23/2014)
- Learning ToolReview by KAZ
- I have had my Wissota since my children started skating about 10 years ago. Being able to spend time together showing them the advantages of having even edges and the correct hollow has been a blast. My children now sharpen there own skates and love experimenting. It looks like the travel case and skate holder have been upgraded since I purchased which makes it even easier to sharpen and transport with confidence. (Posted on 4/15/2014)
- Love this sharpener!Review by RM
- One of the best purchases I made as a hockey dad. In addition to avoiding the last minute scramble and cost to get skates sharpened for myself and my kids, this sharpener has guaranteed that our skates are sharpened the same way AND correctly every time. It has been especially useful after skating on our backyard rink or playing pond hockey so our skates can be sharpened after hours in our basement and be ready for the next day's team practices. You won't regret this purchase:) (Posted on 3/31/2014)
- Should have bought sooner!!!!Review by Todd143
- Its so EASY to use its Ridiculous!!! Its so nice to know you have sharp pair of skates, instead of wondering if the person who sharpened your skates knew what they where doing... Great product and fun to use!!! (Posted on 2/28/2014)
- great investmentReview by Rob
- Every hockey parent should own one of these machines, its saved me so much time and money over the years with myself and my kids playing. (Posted on 2/11/2014)